Life in Mongolia – Explore modernized city lifestyle and beauty of nature & nomadic lifestyle in the countryside.
After landing in Mongolia and clearing through the immigration, take a taxi/bus to head towards the city (if transportation has been arranged earlier).
For Expats who’s going to work in Mongolia, there are few things to prioritize yourself before dive into.
– Registration in the Immigration Office (within 7 days)
– Getting into an Apartment (If rented, prepare the rental agreement under your name)
– Khoroo Letter for residence proof which must be submitted for getting the registration card and visa renewals.
– Letter from Labor Office
– Submit all the documents (usually done by your employer)
– Wait for Registration Card to be collected.
Now let’s get back to the life.
– Weather in Mongolia is really unpredictable. You may need warmer woolen clothes/jackets/winter shoes when you arrive during October-March
– Unlocked Mobile – To buy the SIM Card under your name with data pack to stay connected (From Unitel or Mobicom or Skytel)
– Most of the coffee shops and restaurants offer free Wi-Fi (Feel free to ask the Wi-Fi password)
– Dining at restaurants/fast foods is reasonable till you learn cooking.
– Join Expats in Mongolia Facebook group to ask questions. Click Here – Expats in Mongolia Facebook Group
– Make friends to hangout, socialize (Bar & Pubs, Clubs, Travel around Mongolia & etc.,)
– If you want to spend alone 😛 there are many things to do also (Reading books, Cycling, Hiking, Backpack Travel, etc.,)